SCOR Investment Partners, the SCOR group’s portfolio management company, announces that it has signed the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
By signing the PRI, SCOR Investment Partners confirms the consideration and attention devoted to environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues in its investment policy. This signing of the PRI adds to the SCOR group’s many ESG initiatives (signatory of the UN Global Compact in 2003, co-chair of the working group set up by the Geneva Association on extreme events and climate risks, founding member of the Principles for Sustainable Insurance (PSI), signatory of the French Business Climate Pledge, etc.), and contributes to the ongoing strengthening of the "best in class" practices implemented by SCOR Investment Partners in the conduct of its portfolio management activities.
The Principles for Responsible Investment constitute a major collective initiative that aims to promote responsible investment among investors and asset managers. As a signatory, SCOR Investment Partners is committed to respecting the following six principles:
1. to incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes;
2. to be an active owner and incorporate ESG issues into its ownership policies and practices;
3. to seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which SCOR Investment Partners invests;
4. to promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry;
5. to work together to enhance SCOR Investment Partners’ effectiveness in implementing the principles;
6. to report on its activities and progress towards implementing the principles.
For more details on the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI): www.unpri.org
For further information, please contact Nadège Picharles, Head of Marketing, +33 1 53 64 65 23, firstname.lastname@example.org
About SCOR Investment Partners
SCOR Investment Partners is the SCOR group’s portfolio management company, managing a portfolio of EUR 19.2 billion for SCOR as at the end of September 2016. Created in 2008 and authorized since May 2009 by the French financial market regulatory body, the Autorité des marchés financiers (“AMF”), under n°GP09000006, SCOR Investment Partners has circa 60 employees and is structured around six management desks: Aggregate, High Yield & Leveraged Finance, Infrastructure Debts, Equities & Convertible Bonds, Real Estate and Insurance-linked Securities. Since 2012, SCOR Investment Partners has given external institutional investors access to some of the diversification strategies developed for the SCOR group. As at the end of November 2016, SCOR Investment Partners manages third party assets amounting to over EUR 2.2 billion.